Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users.
We collect information in the following ways:
- The information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Mobodexter Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them.
- This information includes:
- Device information:- We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Mobodexter may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Mobodexter Account.
- Log information:- When you use our services or view content provided by Mobodexter, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- 1. Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- 2. Telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- 3. Internet protocol address.
- 4. Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- 5. Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Mobodexter Account.
- Location information:- When you use Mobodexter services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Mobodexter with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Mobodexter and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We may use the name you provide for your Mobodexter Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Mobodexter Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Mobodexter Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Mobodexter Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact Mobodexter, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. One of the products we use to do this on our own services is Mobodexter Analytics. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Mobodexter processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of Mobodexter unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent:- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Mobodexter when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons:- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Mobodexter if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Mobodexter, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect Mobodexter and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Mobodexter employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities